Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Plan

Alrighty friends, here's the deal. Remember how I'm so bad? (If you don't remember, kindly read the last post.) Well, I've finally come up with a plan to help me cure this. It's a plan so radical, so daring, so out there, that I'm pretty sure it's illegal in at least 5 states.

I've made myself a schedule.

There, I said it. I made a schedule. This schedule is something I am going to follow to the letter in order to help myself go to class every single day. Never again will I be the victim of sleeping in so late that I miss all my classes and barely wake up in time to go to work. Never again will I miss vital information, crucial to my midterms. Never again will I miss class this semester. That is my solemn vow and I expect your full support in my endeavour.

. . . . . . . Wow. That was a bit dramatic, wasn't it? Seriously thought, I've been toying around with the idea of writing down a schedule for myself to follow that will help me get all the things I want to done while saving my grades and my scholarship (yeah, my missing school has gotten to the point where I'm worried about losing my scholarship).

So, here is my schedule in all of it's freshly plotted, scheduly glory.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday Schedule
  • 7:30- Wake Up
  • 8:10- Leave for History
  • 10:10- Leave for Astronomy
  • 11:30-1:30- Homework, piano, write, read, etc.
  • 2:00- Work (where I can read, do homework, write, etc, etc.)
  • 8:00-9:00- TV, relax, read write, etc.
  • 9:00-9:30- Exercise
  • 9:30- Shower, get ready for bed, read scriptures, etc.
  • 10:00- Go to bed

Tuesday/Thursday Schedule

  • 8:00- Wake Up
  • 8:40- Leave for Human Development & Music of World Cultures (this class equals DEATH!)
  • 11:30-1:00- Piano, write, homework, etc.
  • 1:10- Leave for Institute
  • 2:30-9:00- Piano, write, read, homework, relax, etc.
  • 9:00- Shower, get ready for bed, read scriptures, etc.
  • 10:00- Go to bed

There you have it. That is my new schedule. You know, as I look at it, I realize I actually have A LOT of free time. Several hours worth, actually. So I don't know why I feel the need to stay awake until three in the morning doing things. I feel confident that I can get all the things I need/want to get done in those little windows of opportunity.

So, how is school going anyways you ask? It's going okay, despite my frequent sluffing ways. I still manage to do well on my tests. Well, on most of my tests. I had my Music of World Cultures midterm this week and I did not do so well. BUT, in my defense I don't think I would have done well on it even if I had gone to class last week. All of those questions are just so hard! There's so much information you have to know. I go to that class and I feel like I'm just having information shoved at me the whole time. It's an information dumping fest and none of it sticks to me. So, yeah. I'm a bit worried about that class. Hopefully I do better on the final and don't fail that class miserably.

And, I know I promised to update on how my writing is going, so here's the first real post about that. I haven't really been writing a whole lot lately. I open up the story on my computer and just kind of sit there (usually until about three o'clock in the morning . . . . Hmm. Do you think my school problems and this restless writers syndrome could be related?) hoping to write something and get into my groove, but it just never happens. But I am getting better. I wrote a couple paragraphs in one story yesterday, which is more than I have done in a while.

Anyway, I'd better get back to studying. I'm at work right now, writing this blog post. You wouldn't believe how much free time I have here. It's awesome! I've just finished reading an essay for history and I still have several more to trudge through, so this was kind of my break. I have to take the test on said essays tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Ryan and Michelle said...

Okay, first of all I think I want your job. You update a blog at my job and you're likely to get fired.
Second of all... way to go making a schedule! One bit of advice, don't throw it out the window the first time you aren't able to follow it to the T. Life happens, despite your best efforts to schedule it.
Thirdly, we are very excited to see you at Christmas.
Fourthly, what are you doing for Halloween?
Fifthly, well I don't have a fifthly.

Erin G. said...

First of all, I think I want YOUR job. Playing with cute little Austin seems pretty fun (of course, at my job I don't have to change diapers or cook dinner or anything like that).
Second, I'm not doing very good with my schedule so far. Haha. It's been, what, one day? I'll start by going to bed at 10 tonight.
Thirdly, I am SO excited to see you guys at Christmas. :D
Fourthly, I'm not sure what I'm doing for Halloween yet. Probably handing out candy to the three trick or treaters we're likely to get, maybe watch a scary movie or two. What are you doing for Halloween? Have you decided on a costume for Austin yet?

Giving Up

Hi all! It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. . . A long, long while actually. 8 months. Yikes! Life has been crazy. I'm in...