Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'm so bad.

Okay friends, here's the deal. I'm really bad at this whole "waking up" thing. Like, REALLY bad. I haven't been to any of my tuesday/thursday classes this whole week. Yeah, I'm writing this post after I woke up. See, I told you I was bad.

I seriously don't know what my deal is this week. I just have had little or no desire to go to these two classes. The first class is Human Development. I usually don't mind this class, but it just seems so early. Nine o'clock in the morning? Really? But the thing is, I know that nine isn't early considering I have classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday that start at eight-thirty.

My other class is World Music. This class is . . . interesting. I have a professor who, whenever there is silence at one of his questions (which happens a lot), will call out my name three or four times. Let me demonstrate:

Professor: "What are the two forms of traditional music in Indonesia?"

Class: " . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

Professor: "Erin, Erin, Erin?"

Me: " . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

So you see, this is how class goes for sixty painful minutes. I think he picks on me because I look him in the eye. Maybe I should start studying the carpet during class. I don't know, but it's really annoying and makes me not want to go. Is that a legitimate reason to not want to go to class? Becaue the professor picks on you? That's what I'll tell my parents if they ask (and/or find out) that I didn't go to class today either. As for Human Development I don't really have any excuses.

Well friends, I AM going to one class today: INSTITUTE! Yay! I actually do like institute, except I am never caught up on the reading. This too is a reason why I am so bad. But hopefully by going to institute I'm redeeming myself a little bit.

Have a good day! :D

1 comment:

Ryan and Michelle said...

I had a class that I absolutely was terrified to go to because the teacher would ask hard questions and if nobody answered he would just call out a name from a class list. If he called your name and you weren't there, or didn't respond, he docked participation points. What a nightmare! So I feel like you have legitimate reasons to avoid World Music. (this is michelle btw)

Giving Up

Hi all! It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. . . A long, long while actually. 8 months. Yikes! Life has been crazy. I'm in...