Monday, June 2, 2014

Why being home is WEIRD and AWESOME all at the same time

Hi Everybody!

I'm working on getting lesson number 2 up, you can look forward to that in the next couple of days. But today, I wanted to talk about why being home from my mission is WEIRD, but also why it's AWESOME!

First, the WEIRD!

1-Culture shock: You mean people don't spend all of their time visiting others or studying the gospel every waking hour of the day? And after you do visit with someone you don't share a spiritual thought or say a prayer? Weird! Suddenly I have all the time in the world & nothing that seems very fulfilling to fill it. It seems like the world has all of these inside jokes from 2013 that I never heard. What does the fox say? Huh?

2- I have to find out where the new Erin fits into old Erin's world. Figuring out how to move forward. Trying not falling back into old habits (like sleeping until 2 pm . . . Hasn't happened yet & that's the way I'd like to keep it! Haha). Keeping the good from my mission & realizing that the new me might not always please people who liked the old me.

3- Not calling myself or being known by others as Sister Guy.

4- Having to relearn things that used to be so easy (like where stuff in the house is, how to use an iPad, how to work the oven, etc.)

5- Being alone--exhilarating & SCARY!

6- Not being as good at my talents as I was before. But I've gained more talents & the old ones just need polishing up. :)

Now, why being home is AWESOME!

1- Being with my family.

2- Getting to rediscover my relationships.

3- Realizing how much I DID grow in those 18 months.

4- Being led by the Spirit to know how to apply my mission in my life.

5- K-pop! ;) Allison was so disappointed when I realized I still like K-pop. Haha.

6- Wearing pants!

7- Getting to read non church related books.

8- Unlocking my heart! ;)

9- Getting to help people here with the skills I learned there.

10- I'm confident! :D

11- Movies!

12- Having others notice a difference in me.

13- Getting to write again!

14- Learning how to use an iPad.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christopher was telling the bishop last evening how much he misses you and how he's praying for you to learn how to use the iPad. The bishop assured him you will be able to do it.
Know that we are praying for you as you settle in. :)

Giving Up

Hi all! It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. . . A long, long while actually. 8 months. Yikes! Life has been crazy. I'm in...