Monday, August 13, 2012

Latest Update

Hi everybody! I just wanted to check in and let ya'll know how things are going for me (if you care. haha).

My goals are coming along really well. I'm right on track in Preach My Gospel, Jesus the Christ, and the New Testament and am loving every minute of study. I'm feeling so good and so loved and so strong. Thank you for all the support. :)

My cousin Kristy and I have been working out together a lot recently, which is really fun. I like having someone to work out with and someone who's willing to go outside and run with me. The weather is getting nice and we're able to run a little farther every night (though we mostly walk).

Last night I came across this article by President Monson called "Meeting Your Goliath." I highly recommend it. I feel like I'm constantly facing the same Goliaths in my life, things that I've come to realize I can't overcome on my own. President Monson recommends 5 stones we can use in our lives to overcome our own Goliath, and I've adopted them as my new mantra: Courage, Effort, Humility, Prayer, and Duty. For anyone facing their own Goliath (which, I think everyone is probably facing in one form or another), I really recommend you read this talk. It's such a relief and blessing for me to know that Heavenly Father knows me, loves me, and is willing to help me work through the difficulties I encounter in life. :)

Sorry that this is such a short update, but I think the next few posts will be on the shorter side. This is post #47 and I have some special things planned for my 50th, so I want to get there fast. Haha. :)

Anyway, have a lovely week everyone!

No comments:

Giving Up

Hi all! It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. . . A long, long while actually. 8 months. Yikes! Life has been crazy. I'm in...