Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Something's Missing . . .

It feels like something's missing . . . I can't quite put my finger on it . . . Oh wait! Yes, I remember! My tonsils!

So I got my tonsils out two weeks ago Thursday. The recovery process was fun (I'm lying. It wasn't fun.)! But I did get to eat lots and lots of Pace popsicles, applesauce, jello, and soup. Except for when I couldn't swallow without lots of pain. Then I didn't eat anything. . . Yeah, the days where I couldn't swallow were the worst. Thankfully they're over and now I can happily eat pretty much anything I want. :)

There's also something else missing . . . 28 POUNDS!!!!! :D I'm really happy and proud of myself for this accomplishment. I worked hard, had to make some changes, and had lots of people supporting me. Most of all I know that the Lord was and is supporting me in this weight loss journey. There's no way I could have done what I did so quickly and with such little pain without His help. He wants me to go on a mission just as much as (if not more than) I want to go and I've felt His support and love through this experience. So now, I'm meeting with my Bishop tonight and we're starting up my papers again. Hopefully this week or next we can get them turned in to Salt Lake. :)

Now, it's not over. I plan to continue doing my best to lose more weight. My goal is to have lost a total 50 pounds before I enter the MTC (though, I have no idea when that will be, so it might be an unrealistic goal).

So, yeah. That's all the stuff I've lost in the past few months. Well, there was that one day I lost my pants . . . and my mind. Haha. (It's a K-pop culture reference. Just smile and nod.) ;) But see? Losing things isn't always as bad as we think it will be. Maybe losing something is just setting you up to find something even better!


P.S. I'll post some before and after pics eventually . . .

2 comments:

Jamie and Ryan said...

That's awesome Erin! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Let us know as soon as you receive that big envelope!

Ryan and Michelle said...

Way to go Erin!

Giving Up

Hi all! It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. . . A long, long while actually. 8 months. Yikes! Life has been crazy. I'm in...