Saturday, December 4, 2010

And the World Keeps Spinning

So . . . it's been a while, hasn't it? I know I promised I'd blog more often and that I'd tell you all about The Box.

I lied.

Well, I didn't really lie. More like I changed my mind. And while my intentions were good, I don't think I'll be talking about The Box today. Maybe next post. :)

So what have I been up to the past two months? School. Lots and lots of school. Can I just say that school is hard? And stressful? And fun, and wonderful, and exciting? And hard? Yeah, that's what school is. That's what life is.

Things get busy. At the moment I've just plunged into one of the busiest weekends of my life. This was the last week of classes for Weber State, which means that I, being a procrastinator, had many assignments due. Then I'm also in the Ogden Institute Christmas Show. I love it. I'm so happy and grateful that I get to be a part of it. We had one show tonight and two shows tomorrow. Then on Sunday the Chorale (the choir I sing in) is singing in my YSA Stake Conference. And next week is finals. Then I'm free.

That's what I keep telling myself. In one week I'll be able to lounge around the house sipping hot chocolate and making my way through my To-Read list. No worries, no responsibilities, no deadlines, no commitments. Just me and some good books and good people.

A lot of things have happened to me over the past few months. I feel changed. I feel blessed. I feel grateful. I feel like I've learned a lot and have become a better person through the trials I've faced. Life gets hard. It does. Life gets crazy. Sometimes things that make our lives hard are in our power to change. Sometimes they aren't. Life is about learning to not only survive the hard times, but to find happiness in them. We do the things that are in our power and if necessary make changes. And the things that aren't in our power to change we leave up to the Lord and know that He will provide.

That's two things I'm very grateful for: the power to change and my Savior. The Savior is the one who gives me the power to change. To become better than I am. To rise above my own personal limitations with His help and guidance. I'm human. I fall. I fail. I make mistakes. But I know that I can change. I don't have to make the same mistakes today that I made yesterday and those mistakes don't have to haunt me or damn me.

I'm just living my life as best I can. When I sang in the Elder Bednar fireside in October something he said really stuck out to me. He was answering the question of "How do I know when it's the Holy Ghost telling me something or if it's just me telling myself what I want to hear?" And Elder Bednar said it doesn't matter. Just be a good girl. Walk knowing you will be led. So, I'm trying to be a good girl. And I know I'll be led down the path the Lord wants me on. That I'm on it.

So, yeah. I love life. I really, really love life, even if it is kind of hard sometimes. :)

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on." Robert Frost

No comments:

Giving Up

Hi all! It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. . . A long, long while actually. 8 months. Yikes! Life has been crazy. I'm in...