Saturday, May 15, 2010

St. George

Hi all! It's been kind of a crazy week (I worked every day this week at work, one day from 9-7:30), but as promised here is a post on my trip to St. George! :)

I went to St. George with my friends Ashley and Megan. We had a sleepover on Tuesday night and giggled over goats and other funny things before going to bed. Then we left Wednesday at about 9 in the morning to go to St. George.

Megan was very brave and drove.



Ashley and I were very brave and were passengers.


(P.S. I'm just kidding. Megan is a great driver.)

So, after about 5 hours on the road and a quick stop in Beaver to say hello to Ashley's grandma Gater (who was nice and took us out to lunch) we arrived at our hotel.

We were exhausted.



The next day we went to lunch with my Mom and Sister who were down in St. George with my Dad for a treasurer's conference. After that we headed for the outlet stores. :)



We found the chocolate store. I was very excited. Haha! ;)



We also found this cool store called Del Sol. Everything they sell changes colors in the sun. I got a necklace and a headband.



After shopping we went and took a tour of the St. George Tabernacle. Where we posed out front, pretended to speak at the pulpit, and where I pretended to play the organ! (P.S. I really can play the organ and Allison says if I'd asked they would have let me play it for realsies.)







After our tour we walked across the street to this cute little store called Judd's where they sell all kinds of old fashioned candy and pop.



Megan and I used our bottles of Fanta to harmonize. :)



So, refreshed from our yummy drinks we went and took a tour of Brigham Young's winter home.



The grounds were in bloom and we found this cute arch, so of course we had to take a picture. :)



After Brigham Young's house we were all pretty tired from our exciting day. So we went back to the hotel and watched family feud and NCIS and other awesome shows!

The next day we went to the St. George temple to do baptisms for the dead. It's been a long time since I've gotten to do baptisms and go to the temple, so it was so nice to be able to go with my friends. It was so peaceful and calming. I love the temple. :)





After baptisms we spent most of the day in the hotel. But we did leave long enough to grab some In-N-Out burger. Megan was excited because she was the only one who'd ever eaten there before. I was excited because there were cute boys working in the kitchen. Haha. We'd been on the lookout for boys and hadn't seen any until In-N-Out. :D



That night we swam in the pool, which we later realized was very, very chlorinated and killed our hair. But we got some fun pics.



The next day we left for home, but of course we had to stop by Judd's for one last soda.



After I took that picture I accidentaly deleted all of the pictures off of my camera. Yeah. It was not so fun. I felt like crying because ALL the pictures of St. George and my writer's conference were gone. But when we got home (thanks to google and a program called Art Plus Digital Photo Recovery 3.1)I was able to recover all of the pictures. Phew!

So, that is my trip to St. George in a nutshell. Did anybody actually end up making it this far in reading? Haha.

But stay tuned because in my next post I reveal my amazing, fantastic idea! :D

No comments:

Giving Up

Hi all! It's been a while since I wrote a blog post. . . A long, long while actually. 8 months. Yikes! Life has been crazy. I'm in...